Welcome to the Red River Watershed Management Board (RRWMB) website. The RRWMB’s jurisdiction and authority encompasses the area managed by the individual watershed districts that have membership on the Board. Eight watershed districts within the Red River Valley form the RRWMB including the Joe River, Two Rivers, Roseau River, Middle-Snake-Tamarac Rivers, Red Lake, Sand Hill River, Wild Rice, and Bois de Sioux.
The RRWMB was created by an act of the Minnesota legislature in 1976 to provide an organization with a basin-wide perspective concerning flooding. Historically, the activities of the RRWMB have centered on flood control. Previous efforts in dealing with the flooding problem within the Red River Basin consisted of single projects within a localized area, planned with primary regard to local benefits. The RRWMB actively promotes a basin-wide perspective for water management.
Member Watershed Districts
Each member watershed district and the counties included therein:
- Joe River -- Kittson County
- Two Rivers -- Kittson, Roseau and Marshall
- Roseau River -- Roseau, Kittson, Beltrami, Lake of the Woods and Marshall
- Middle-Snake-Tamarac Rivers WD -- Marshall, Polk, Pennington, Kittson and Roseau
- Red Lake WD -- Red Lake, Pennington, Clearwater, Beltrami, Marshall, Koochiching, Itasca, Mahnomen, Roseau and Polk
- Sand Hill River WD -- Polk, Norman and Mahnomen
- Wild Rice WD -- Norman, Becker, Clay, Mahnomen, Clearwater, and Polk
- Bois de Sioux -- Traverse, Grant, Wilkin, Stevens, Big Stone and Ottertail
We are looking for a Public Information Consultant. You can download the information about the job.
Red River Basin Decision Information Network
Information on the Water Quality Decision Support Application